Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Bumblebee hoodie

Well today I will be creating a hoodie specifically for babies ages 12 to 18 months ! I am inspired with the colors black and yellow! I want to share that a special friend dear to me while visiting she gave me 2 bags filled with yarn . It basically had mostly black yarn . So with that being said that's where I decided to make a hoodie with these colors . So I did some research and noticed not very many crochet patterns were looking like a bumblebee so I said hey why not I will give it a try got really nothing to lose!! so during the search I came across different websites that offered free patterns for different winter clothing. Came across a lot of sweaters and hoodies of all different sorts . hook used was 5mm
red heart super saver black
red heart super saver white
red heart super saver yellow

First I needed to figure out the measurements for a baby ages 12 to 18 months so I came across a site was recommended from a fellow crocheter she stated that this site was highly recommended
Craft yarn council it has pretty accurate measurements for all ages the waist was 52 cm and the chest was 48 cm so I just did 51cm for the final measurements as for the arms its supposed to be length was 20.5cm and the armpit was 10cm  so I did just as asked this was for a 18 month old baby

ch80
slst in 1st ch
with black do the next 4 rows in hdc be sure to ch2 in the beginning of each row
now we will alternate rows by adding a popcorn stitch in the mix
hdc ,hdc , then skst then pc repeating until end of row
next row we will do a hdc in each ch
next repeat hdc , hdc , pc until end of row
right around the 8th row we will change colors to yellow for 3 rows
now switch to black do this for 4 rows alternating hdc in each stitch then next row do hdc , hdc , skst then popcorn st I'm really liking the way this pattern is going love the colors may want to do alternate sizes !!!
Now we are switching to white for 3 rows do the same pattern
now switch to for 3 rows doing the same pattern
Now with black we will do a row of hdc
Next row is different we will create an arm hole by chaining 20 and skipping 8 chs
I will have to give this hoodie to my grandson so he could model it for me!!
Final measurement for armpit area is 10cm or 4 in
Now we will continue alternating rows of hdc and then next row hdc , hdc , skst then popcorn st
until we reach 26 rows

sleeves were a trick or 2
craft yarn council states that the length was 19cm or 7 1/2 in long and I just did a ch 31 to create a 8 in circle
just did a basic hdc throughout the whole sleeve

Hoodie part
final measurements was 7 in or 17 1/2 cm
I did increases throughout the part for the hood in hdc
6
12
28
36
45
54
60
in row  8 I did hdc in next 8 chs then increase 5 times until 64hd
Next I then turned and went up the right side of the hoodie but only crocheting on 3 sides leaving the bottom untouched
Being sure to do 5 rows of yellow so I can put eyes and a nose and it will show and of course add antennas
I then weaved in and out every 2 posts on the brim of the hoodie so I can have a string to help secure the hoodie on the head

Follow me on Facebook Malinda Benoit
   Email CreationsbyMalindaCo@outlook.com
             CreationsbyMalindaCo@gmail.com
             Etsy shop CreationbyMalinda
             Ravelry store Creationbymalinda!
Instagram mashsaras












No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby boy blanket

 Granny squares are fun to make. Sure it has you crocheting in a square form but it later makes a beautiful creation. I made this baby blue ...